First Baptist Tillman’s Corner is a covering for Heritage Christian School.
For information about home schooling, please visit Heritage Christian School’s website.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is Homeschooling?
It is an opportunity for YOU, the parent, to teach your child. You are the teacher.
What is required to home school?
Prayer, patience and a willing heart! According to Alabama law you must be enrolled in a church cover school such as Heritage Christian School.
What Does Heritage Christian School Require?
1. You (the parent) must be a member of First Baptist Tillman’s Corner, a member of a local Christian church, or active in a local Christian church.
2. You must be a member of the Home School Legal Defense Association.
3. Students must attend 175 days of school.
4. Attendance and Grade records and a Family Grade Log must be turned in at the end of every quarter.
5. Lesson plans must be reviewed at the end of every quarter (10 weeks).
Who can join Heritage Christian School?
Members of First Baptist Tillman’s Corner, a member of a local Christian church, or if you are active in a local Christian church you may be eligible to enroll.
How do you join?
Anyone wishing to join Heritage Christian School must go to the Enrollment process link on the homepage and follow the instructions listed there. Applications are accepted in May for the upcoming school year.
To contact our Heritage Christian school leaders, please call the church office at 251-661-0114 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org